CHAPTER 9. — THE HOLY GHOST AND THE CHURCH.
1. Q. What happened on Pentecost Sunday?
A. On Pentecost Sunday the Holy Ghost came down upon the Apostles in the form of tongues of fire.
2. Q. Why did Jesus Christ send the Holy Ghost?
A. Jesus Christ sent the Holy Ghost to strengthen and enlighten His Apostles,
and to guard and guide His Church through all ages.
3. Q. Why did Christ establish the Church?
A. Christ established the Church to give us His teaching,
and to guide and to help us on the way to Heaven.
4. Q. What Church did Christ establish?
A. Christ established the Catholic Church.
5. Q. Who established the other religious bodies?
A. Men established the other religious bodies.
6. Q. Who is the Head of the Catholic Church?
A. Christ is the Head of the Catholic Church.
7. Q. Who takes Christ’s place on earth as the Visible Head of the Church?
A. The Pope takes Christ’s place on earth as the visible Head of the Church.
8. Q. Who is the Pope?
A. The Pope is Christ’s Vicar on earth
and the chief Teacher and Ruler of His Church,
and the successor of Saint Peter.
9. Q. Who was Saint Peter?
A. Saint Peter was the first Pope.
10. Q. Who appointed Saint Peter as Pope and Head of the Church?
A. Christ, Our Lord, appointed Saint Peter as Pope and Head of the Church.
11. Q. Can the Catholic Church teach anything false?
A. The Catholic Church cannot teach anything false.
12. Q. Why cannot the Catholic Church teach anything false?
A. The Catholic Church cannot teach anything false because the Holy Ghost guides the Church in her teaching.
13. Q. How long will the Catholic Church last?
A. The Catholic Church will last till the end of the world.
14. Q. Is there more than one True Church?
A. No. The Catholic Church is the only True Church.
15. Q. Who are the Members of the Church?
A. The Members of the Church are our Holy Father the Pope, and, with him, all the Bishops, priests and people who are baptized and who acknowledge the Pope to be the Vicar of Christ on earth and the visible Head of the Church.
The Case for Catholicism - Answers to Classic and Contemporary Protestant Objections
Disclaimer: This post may have affiliate links, which means that if you decide to buy something after clicking on one of our links, we will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you.