Certainly not in the case of the Catholic Church. She has always condemned injustice, insisting that men should be brothers in Christ
Radio Replies Volume 1 by Rev. Dr. Leslie Rumble MSC and Rev. Charles Mortimer Carty
Kindly support The Catholic Answers via PayPal donation.
- What becomes of the money paid by Catholic children in school-fees? Do not the Brothers and Nuns work for nothing?
- Mention one industrial dispute in which the workers have received the support of the Church in their struggle for decent conditions.
- These things were in Catholic times and Catholic countries; but what is the Church doing for the down-trodden workers throughout the world?
- Would you tell us the view your Church takes of socialism?
- If Nuns can leave convents so easily, why all the fuss when Sr. Ligouri ran away from the convent at Wagga, N.S.W.?
- Why should the workers be such curs as to bear ivith tranquil resignation a poverty which is the cause of filth, drink, disease, insanity, suicide and war?
- Priests adopt their profession for the fat income and consequent luxury.
- The Catholic Church is a blight on social welfare, asking the public to support too many religious institutions.
- I have heard you give the conditions which Catholic workers must observe before they go on strike. Your conditions render any strike sinful. But will you give us the conditions Catholic employers must observe before they decide on a lock-out?
- If all this be so, why does not the Church protest against that ingenious attack on wages, "work for the dole"?
- Would a contractor fail in justice twoards his employees if he secretly induced them to accept less than award wages on the score that many unemployed would accept the job?
- So the Church, which says that "strikes are forbidden," offers us only that slow and uncertain remedy.
- Reasons Why “Christianity Is Not a Religion, It’s a Relationship” Is Unbiblical Nonsense
- I heard a Protestant clergyman say that the miseries of the world were an indictment of all Churches, including the Roman Catholic, for their lack of influence.
- What is the use of referring the workers to state authority? The state is merely an organized force to protect the interests of the wealthy.
- State education is just as good as yours.
- Will you prove the reliability of the Gospels according to the five requirements outlined by yourself to a previous inquirer?
- Are Catholics Christians?
- Inquisitions - The Catholic Church has the Answer
- Vain Repetition - The Catholic Church has the Answer
- You defend your Church against the charge of alliance with the captalists. But I, as a socialist, still accuse her of disloyalty to the workers.
- Difficult Bible Verses for Protestants
- Did the Church depart from the faith when she condemned Joan of Arc, a condemnation reversed 500 years later?
- You must convince me that she gave false evidence in her book.
- Captalists eat bread in the sweat of the workers' brows. What has your Church to say for the workers?
- Why does the Catholic Church defend the capitalist and attack the worker?
- Why bother about justice here, if all injustice is to be rectified and compensated in the next world?
- Workers are slaves held in bondage, their first and last thought the fear of losing their employment.
- Is it not the main function of your Church to support the ruling classes, and to keep the poor in their place?
- She teaches the workers to beg and kiss the hand that smites them.