If you mean by the English Catholic Church that Catholic Church in England which is under the jurisdiction of the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster, there is no difference. But if you mean the Church of England I can only reply that that Church is not Catholic at all.
Radio Replies Volume 1 by Rev. Dr. Leslie Rumble MSC and Rev. Charles Mortimer Carty
Kindly support The Catholic Answers via PayPal donation.
- The constitution was changed by that very Augustine. The Church in England before him was not in communion with Rome.
- Does the present Archbishop of Canterbury enjoy the jurisdiction granted to his pre-reformation predecessors by the Pope, or is he linked with them only by orders
- Difficult Bible Verses for Protestants
- Reasons Why “Christianity Is Not a Religion, It’s a Relationship” Is Unbiblical Nonsense
- The Church of England is Catholic because she is sending missionaries throughout the whole world as far as possible.
- You have said that Henry VIII. started the Church of England in the sixteenth century. But history shows that the Church was in England long before Henry VIII.
- Are Catholics Christians?
- What is the difference between a Catholic and a Roman Catholic?
- Did not Christianity borrow many doctrines from Greek, Egyptian, Persian, and other mythologies? Cardinal Newman at least admits that Catholicism is a mixture of paganism and Christianity.
- Will you prove the reliability of the Gospels according to the five requirements outlined by yourself to a previous inquirer?
- Would you say that the Archbishop of Canterbury is preaching an anti-Christian doctrine?
- Bible Reading - The Catholic Church has the Answer
- Is not Catholic Church broader in meaning than Roman Catholic Church? Catholic means universal, not Roman Catholic.
- What is the difference between the Church of England and the Catholic Church?
- The Archbishop of Peru was blessed by the Pope9 and died of poison forty-three days later.
- You claim, of course, that the Pope is supreme head of this organised hierarchy. Yet urns it not the Emperor Phocas who first gave the Pope his title and universal jurisdiction? History records this as having happened in 607 A.D.
- Purgatory - The Catholic Church has the Answer
- St. Peter was not head of the Apostles. All the Apostles acted as having the same authority.
- Biblical Reasons Why Catholics Make Use of Images
- The elements do not change, for there is no chemical difference after consecration.
- But when two intellectual men disagree, how can the ordinary man hope to decide?
- You appeal to the Aramaic. I know nothing of that, nor of the Latin, nor of the Greek. I accept the Bible in its English form, in which the two words are Peter and rock, and nothing whatever alike.
- Why is Southern Ireland so poor? Is it for want of ability, or is it because the Catholic Church has bled the people of all their money? What a contrast with the North of Ireland!
- How can you deny the Orders of Anglican Bishops? They go back to the Bishops of the Reformation period.
- Sacraments - The Catholic Church has the Answer
- According to Cardinal Vaughan, Catholics think the Mass better than Calvary!
- If Catholicism is true, why are the most backward countries Catholic, and the most enlightened and progressive countries Protestant?
- Why were not such marvelous events as Christ’s death amidst preternatural darkness and earthquakes, and His resurrection recorded by the Roman historians of the day?
- The Roman Church has often changed its constitution.
- Could we not call Christ's Church a garden? The Roman Catholic Church is the original tree—the others slips cut off, and growing in the same garden, and producing the same fruit, but with a slightly different flavor?