That is just what he did imagine. He cannot describe even his own mental processes. It is patent dishonesty to imply that modern notions of hair-oil are in any way equivalent to the anointing and consecrating of a Priest to God in the ancient Jewish rites.
Radio Replies Volume 1 by Rev. Dr. Leslie Rumble MSC and Rev. Charles Mortimer Carty
Kindly support The Catholic Answers via PayPal donation.
- Reasons Why “Christianity Is Not a Religion, It’s a Relationship” Is Unbiblical Nonsense
- Colonel Ingersoll has pointed out the mistakes of Moses. He says, "I am probably the only man who has read the Bible through this year in the United States. Everybody talks about the Bible and nobody reads it. That is why it is so generally believed. I have wasted this time but I had a purpose in view." Ingersoll was a man of great intellectual powers, and had he lived earlier he would have been put to death, as thousands of others, by the Church when they dared to challenge priestcraft.
- Deut. XIII. says that a husband should stone his own wife to death if she try to persuade him to join her in idolatry. "Well now," says Ingersoll, "I hate a god of that kind, and I would not do it." Did God make a mistake, or is Deut. wrong?
- Sacraments - The Catholic Church has the Answer
- Your doctrines seem fair enough, but are they show-case doctrines for the public? In other words, does not your Church allow you to use mental restriction or reservation in your replies over the air?
- Difficult Bible Verses for Protestants
- Ingersoll says that the moment we admit that a book is too sacred to be doubted, we are mental serfs.
- Will not the Catholic Church have to part with many of its doctrines in deference to modern thought, if it is to last till the end of time?
- I have seen young men get into serious trouble through gambling.
- Will you prove the reliability of the Gospels according to the five requirements outlined by yourself to a previous inquirer?
- The idea of the Trinity was derived from ancient Egyptian mythology. The Oracle of Serapis used to reply, "First God, Oxen the Word, and with them the Holy Spirit. All these are of the same nature and make but one whole, of which the power is eternal."
- Ingersoll paints the pretty picture! God made all the animals walk before Adam that he might name them. And the animals came like a menagerie into town, and as Adam looked at all the crawlers and jumpers and creepers, this God stood by to see what he would call them!
- Is Christ's body subject to processes of digestion?
- If Christianity is the true development of the Jewish religion, why is it not the religion of the Jews today? Why did not the Jews accept Christ?
- Old Testament teaching is barbaric in parts; not in keeping with the New Testament; nor would God inspire such a record of outrageous crimes.
- Does Scripture in any way justify such a change as a fact?
- My future depends upon Christ9 not upon being anointed with oil.
- When did Christ institute such a Sacrament?
- Are Catholics Christians?
- Biblical Reasons Why Catholics Make Use of Images
- Why should the fact of our being born give us the right to exist forever?
- I object to the permission of mental restriction under any circumstances, since withholding part of the truth misleads the listener just as if the speaker had lied.
- Good Works - The Catholic Church has the Answer
- Why is the Catholic Church so severe in her lata in this matter?
- Ingersoll says, "God taught polygamy. I denounce it as the infamy of infamies."
- Ingersoll says that it is monstrous that future happiness should depend upon belief.
- St. Matthew says that Joseph knew her not till she brought forth her first-born son. I., 25.
- Purgatory - The Catholic Church has the Answer
- The Blessed Eucharist and the Mass - Primer Catechism
- You keep speaking of miracles. Jesus never claimed that His so-called miracles were really such. He relied on mental healing by natural powers.