CHAPTER 6. — OUR FIRST PARENTS. — ORIGINAL SIN.
1. Q. Who was the first man?
A. Adam was the first man.
2. Q. Who was the first woman?
A. Eve was the first woman.
3. Q. Were Adam and Eve our first parents?
A. Yes, Adam and Eve were our first parents.
4. Q. Did our first parents fall into sin?
A. Yes; our first parents fell into sin.
5. Q. What sin did our first parents fall into?
A. Our first parents disobeyed God’s Commandment.
They ‘ate of the fruit that God told them not to eat’.
6. Q. Who tempted our first parents to eat the forbidden fruit?
A. The Devil, one of the fallen angels, tempted our first parents to eat the forbidden fruit.
7. Q. Why did God command our first parent not to eat the forbidden fruit?
A. God commanded our first parents not to eat the forbidden fruit
to test their obedience to Him, their Lord and Master.
8. Q. What did our first parents lose by their sin?
A. They lost God’s love in their souls and their place in Heaven by their sin.
9. Q. Do that sin and that loss come down to us?
A. Yes; that sin and that loss do come down to each one of us.
10. Q. Are we born with sin on our soul?
A. We are born with the sin of our first parents on our soul.
11. Q. What do you call the sin of our first parents?
A. The sin of our first parents is called Original Sin.
12. Q. Was anyone conceived and born free from Original Sin?
A. Yes; the Blessed Virgin Mary, and she alone,
was conceived and born free from Original Sin.
13. Q. What is this favor to the Blessed Virgin called?
A. This favor to the Blessed Virgin is called
her Immaculate Conception.