CHAPTER 10. — THE SACRAMENTS: BAPTISM.
1. Q. How can we go to Heaven?
A. We can go to Heaven by leading a good life with the help of God’s Grace.
2. Q. What does God’s Grace do for us?
A. God’s Grace makes us holy and helps us to do good.
3. Q. How do we get God’s Grace?
A. We get God’s Grace through Prayer and the Sacraments.
4. Q. What is a Sacrament?
A. A Sacrament is an external sign or action chosen by Christ to give grace.
5. Q. How many Sacraments are there?
A. There are seven Sacraments: Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Penance, Extreme Unction, Holy Order and Matrimony. [NOTE: ‘Eucharist’ is often called ‘Communion’; ‘Penance’ is often called ‘Confession’ or ‘Reconciliation’; “Extreme Unction’ is often called ‘the Sacrament of the Sick’ or ‘Anointing of the Sick’.].
6. Q. Who gave us the Sacraments?
A. Christ gave us the Sacraments.
7. Q. What is the first Sacrament?
A. Baptism is the first Sacrament.
8. Q. What does Baptism do for us?
A. Baptism takes away Original Sin and makes us children of God, and gives us a right to Heaven.
9. Q. Can we go to Heaven without Baptism?
A. We cannot go to Heaven without Baptism.
10. Q. How is Baptism given?
A. Baptism is given by pouring water on the head of the person to be baptized, saying while pouring the water, I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 28).
11. Q. Are there any other kinds of Baptism besides that of water?
A. Yes; there is also Baptism of Desire and Baptism of Blood or martyrdom.
The Case for Catholicism - Answers to Classic and Contemporary Protestant Objections
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.